End-To-End Churn Prediction
A project that goes through the entire ML process to deploy a model which predicts customer churn
Utilizing machine learning (ML) to solve business problems involves so much more than simply tuning and training a good model - the model's intelligence must be made actionable to provide value.
In my End-to-End Churn Prediction project, I go through every stage of the ML lifecycle to deploy a model that allows a telecom company to predict whether or not a customer will churn (i.e. unsubscribe from the company's services) in the next month.
Try using the application below! Hit Random to generate data and then Submit it to get a prediction! (startup takes a few seconds after hitting Submit)
Build it yourself!
I've provided all the code necessary to complete this project yourself on Github, which you can find here!
Check out the Jupyter notebook below to follow along to get a taste of the end-to-end ML lifecycle!
First I go through the model building process in Jupyter. We perform:
1. Problem & Goal Specification
2. Data Gathering, Cleaning, and Transformation
- Including ordinal, one-hot, and dummy indexing for categorical variables
3. Exploratory Data Analysis
- Including looking at class frequencies and bivariate correlations
4. Feature Selection and Engineering
- Including calculating VIFs, performing Chi-Squared tests, and scaling numerical features
5. Model Selection
- Including comments about class imbalance
6. Model Training & Hyperparameter Tuning
7. Model Testing & Evaluation
Backend Flask API
Next, I go through the process of building and deploying a Flask API on the backend. We:
1. Create an AWS IAM User
2. Upload our model to S3
3. Create a Flask API
- The API fetches the files from S3 using the IAM keys and uses them to return predictions
4. Deploy the API on PythonAnywhere
- This deployment will allow our frontend to access the API
Frontend React App
Finally, I go through the process of developing a React frontend. We:
1. Create a build from the React App
2. Deploy it using Netlify